An action-packed thriller. A smoky aged scotch. A well-fitting suit or sleek black sports coat. Exotic cars. No matter what you're into, there are some things that are just quintessentially masculine.
Exotic sports cars especially ooze masculinity, and it's not just a theory. Multiple studies like this one have proven it: Women and men produce significantly more testosterone in response to hearing an exotic engine, such as that of a Porsche or Lamborghini.
Whether you want to treat yourself for a special occasion, play James Bond in a refined water repellent suit or just impress your girlfriend for a night, here's a guide to where you can rent some of the world's most exotic cars. Fair warning, you won't want to get out of the driver's seat, so wear your most comfortable suit.
Porsche 911 Carrera
Much like a black sports coat, a Porsche 911 Carrera is a staple of dream cars. It's notoriously fun to drive and designed for car enthusiasts, with a 3-second 0-60 time and 190 mph top speed. Depending on its configuration, the Carrera has 373-443 horsepower and costs between $97,400-$120,700.
- Enterprise's Exotic Car Collection includes the 911 Carrera S in most major US cities starting at $299 a day.
- In many major European cities, King Rent Exclusive Services offers the 911 Carrera from 430€ per day.
Bentley Continental GT
There is perhaps no more luxurious automaker than Bentley. The Continental GT is designed for long, high-speed road trips, so don a wrinkle-free suit and grab some snacks before hitting the road. It comes with a V-8 or V-12, both twin-turbocharged, and packs 542 or 626 horsepower, resulting in a top speed of 204 mph. Coupes start at $202,500, convertibles around $222,700.
- In select US cities, Gotham Dream Cars will rent you a GT for $1,650 per day.
- Throughout Europe, a Continental GT can be rented from Europe Luxury Cars for 825€ a day.
Men who genuinely like to drive will absolutely love this Maranello-made, curiously-named Ferrari. Its 552 horsepower turbocharged V-8 takes the California from 0 to 60 in just 3.3 seconds, what insiders call "Ferrari fast." With a retractable hardtop and even a cup holder, this car begs to be driven. The California's base price is $202,723 — and Ferrari options don't come cheap.
- In Las Vegas and Houston, drivers can rent a California hourly or for $799 per day from Royalty Exotic Cars.
- Rent a California in most major European cities from Motorsport Maranello from 1,800€ per day.
What little boy didn't daydream about growing up to be a race car driver, driving a Lambo? Make that fantasy a reality, even if only for a few hours. A Lamborghini will set you back anywhere from $200,000-500,000, but that money gets you one beast of a finely-crafted Italian machine. Numerous Lambo models can top 200 mph.
- Luxury Car Rental USA offers different Lamborghini models in US cities ranging from $995-2,995 a day. Go classic with a Spyder or go big with an Aventador Roadster.
- European company Driverso won't just rent you a Lambo, they'll deliver it to you, too. Depending on the model, prices range from 590-1,800€ per day.
Rolls Royce Ghost
There's a reason (okay, many) so many celebrities choose the Ghost as their personal vehicle. The entirely bespoke UK-made vehicles are handmade to order, from the color of the stitching to the specific pattern of stars on the ceiling. The base price of the Ghost is $311,900 — but expect it to cost much closer to $500,000. For this regal beauty, wear your best stain resistant suit.
- L.A.-based 777 Exotics has a bespoke Rolls Royce Ghost for about $1,200 a day.
- Throughout Europe, you can rent a Ghost through Redfox for 1497€ per day.
Aston Martin DB9
This is the car for guys who always wear a good fitting suit and want to channel James Bond. The tremendously powerful 540 horsepower V12 can achieve 186 mph, and the DB9 comes in both coupe and drop-top convertible models. Dependent upon options, it costs between $187,000-215,000.
- Rent the DB9 in select US cities through Enterprise Exotics for $500-750 per day.
- Throughout Europe, get the DB9 for the day for 700-1,100€ for the day from Elite Rent.
Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG
This all-wheel-drive stunner of a Benz packs nearly 600 horsepower and has enough room for four, so grab some buddies and show off. The AMG CLS63 has a twin-turbo V-8 engine and is also available in an even sportier S model. Its 155 mph top speed is electronically controlled and it comes with a price tag of $78,000-108,000.
- The AMG CLS63 can be rented for around $1,000 a day in L.A., Miami, or NYC through Performance Rentals.
- Across Europe, Elite Rent has the AMG available starting at 860€ per day.
You can't go wrong with this list of cars, but you absolutely must be well-suited. Check out XSuit for innovative suits like the water repellent suit or wrinkle-free suit, and drive safe.